Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Far Away (Forever) A True Tale

Many think that love cannot survive the largest distance
I do not believe what they have to say
I know it seems like much more than 2000 miles
But numbers don't matter so they claim
People tell me every day that you are not for me
Surely they must mean the other way
I know that I am the one that isn't right for you
And when people say it's you I nearly scream
2000 miles isn't a distance you can simply walk to
A plane is too expensive for us both
I know that many think we won't survive this little issue
Others think that this is just a crush
To you and me and us 2000 miles is an inch
For it feels as if I never leave your side
But I know 2000 miles could be a distance
That keeps me from looking deep into your eyes
You can tell me every day that you love me
In your sleep you can dream of me near you
2000 miles won't change some things though
Like the way I memorize you

1 comment: