Thursday, July 22, 2010

P.S.

Words I had once forgotten to say
Written in ink so I couldn't erase
Not in red or black or purple
But written in a sky blue

Footnotes of memories only now remembered
Side notes of things I want to mention at that second
Dear and sincerely saying hello and goodbye
Paragraphs of lines I've been wishing to say

Questions I know won't be answered
Answers to questions I remember you asking
Pictures I always seem to see
As well as the images you sent back through the mail

Memories I hope you still remember
Many have-been's and would-have's
Things I've done and wish I hadn't
Wonders of regrets you might also have

Mess-ups and screw ups and "I fucked up's"
Problems, equations, and solutions
Theories I've been waiting to test
Conclusions to hypotheses I've been hoping to check

I love you's and miss you's
Only letters can scream through the lines
Smiles and frowns I know you will see
Hopes and tears I hope you can't notice within the words

New friends and how I've missed the old
Old friends who no longer miss me
Parents who think that everything is right
Siblings who know everything is wrong

Solid scribbles written on the faded lines
Doodles within the thick margins on the page
Cross-outs and add-ins
Scratched and rips along the strips of paper

What's happened with me
And what I want to know about you
The truth within the many lies
The fakes that only describe who I want to be

My future hopes and what I want to know about yours
Dreams and nightmares that paint my stories
The ones that flow across the letters
Letters I've sent and some written for only me to read

The words that I have only now remembered to place
In between the sincerly and the blank space at the edge of the paper
Words only a letter can contain
P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment